Simple Chicken Stew.
You can cook Simple Chicken Stew using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Stew
- You need 1/4 stick of butter or butter alternative.
- You need 6 each of carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 " rounds.
- Prepare 2 lb of waxy potatoes, cut into bite size chunks.
- You need 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 quart of mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 2 each of leeks, cleaned and sliced into rings.
- It’s 1 box of Stock or Broth.
- You need 1 box of Creamy soup.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour or gluten-free alternative such as rice flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic powder or salt.
- It’s 1 of fresh sage and rosemary, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of reserved carrot greens.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thinly sliced fresh garlic.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper.
Simple Chicken Stew step by step
- Peel and chop the carrots, reserving a few sprigs of the green tops, if available. Warm up butter in a Dutch oven or frying pan..
- Toss the carrots in the butter, then let them carmelize on high heat for a few minutes..
- Add the potatoes and continue frying the vegetables in the hot butter. place a lid on the pan and stir every five minutes for 15 minutes..
- meanwhile, sear the chicken and mushrooms in a separate skillet, then stir into the carrot/potatoe mixture. be sure to get every bit of that flavor into your Dutch oven..
- Sprinkle in the flour and continue cooking the mixture on medium heat for five minutes..
- when the pan is very hot, add about half a box of chicken, mushroom, or beef broth and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan..
- turn the heat to medium high and stir in the herbs, carrot greens, and garlic..
- Add the box of creamy soup and paprika. Lower the temperature to simmer (usually medium).
- continue to simmer, without a lid until l the soup reduces slightly and the chicken an'd potatoes are fully cooked..
- Season with salt and pepper, you will surely need at least 2 teaspoons.