Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew.
You can cook Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew
- Prepare 2 tbsp of EVOO.
- You need 1/2 large of Onion.
- You need 1/2 large of Green Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Green Olives.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sofrito.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Sazon.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Chicken Bouillon.
- You need 2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken or Beef Stock.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste.
- You need 1 of Pepper to taste.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of Cilantro (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- You need 4 oz of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Flank Steak (approximately).
- It’s 1 of Bay Leaf.
Ropa Vieja / Shredded Beef Stew instructions
- Thoroughly rinse and dry your meat. Cut into 3 big slices..
- Add EVOO to a large (somewhat deep) pan and brown the meat on medium to low heat. At this point we just want to brown the meat not completely cook it so only about 5 minutes on each side..
- In the mean-time, slice the onion and green pepper and chop the garlic and cilantro..
- Once meat is browned, take out of the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add vegetables (onions, green peppers, garlic). Add more EVOO if necessary. Cook until onions are translucent then add sazon, chucken bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, sofrito, olives, tomato sauce, bay leaf, vinegar, stock and water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes..
- After 5 minutes, add meat to sauce. Cover and cook on Low for about 2 hours or until meat is tender and easily shreddable..
- After 2 – 2 1/2 hours, shred beef inside the pan with 2 wooden spoons (or forks). Adjust seasoning if necessary. Add cilantro, cover pan and cook for 10 more minutes..
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes and Enjoy!.