Russian Borsht Stew.
You can have Russian Borsht Stew using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Russian Borsht Stew
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of beef stew chunks.
- Prepare 1 cup of course chopped beet.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of thinly sliced potato.
- You need 1 cup of sliced onion.
- It’s 1 each of chopped celery stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 each of crushed garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 cup of thin sliced carrots.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 cup of course chopped green cabbage.
- You need 4 oz of canned chopped tomato.
- Prepare 4 cup of filtered water.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sour cream per serving.
Russian Borsht Stew step by step
- In large stew pot: melt butter and then add onions, garlic, and beef. Heat on med-high until outside of beef is browned..
- Remove beef from pot and chop into bite-sized chunks. Return to pot and add potatoes, beets, carrots, celery, canned tomato, and water to pot. Cover and simmer for 1 hr or until beef is tender..
- Add salt and pepper as necessary. Serve with a spoonful of sour cream..
- Vegetarian – use vegetable stock and no beef. Still suuuper tasty!.
- Crock pot – brown beef and then add all ingredients to crock pot. Cook in crock pot for 4-6 hrs. For those with a day job, this recipe is awesome to just throw all ingredients in the crock pot and set on low in the morning. It will be perfect by the evening and the longer in the pot the better the flavors. Not really necessary to brown the beef but it does add another layer of flavor..