Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew.
You can have Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew
- Prepare 4 packages of 4 bags of already peeled frozen shrimp, if its shrimp season get ya 3lbs of boiled shrimp bcuz those shrimp will b significantly larger.
- It’s 2 of 2 packs of frozen, already cooked & peeled crawfish or 2 lbs of boiled crawfish (again, only if it's crawfish season…btw "shrimp/crawfish season" only applies 2 my fellow Cajun folk).
- Prepare 10 each of 8-10 stalks fresh corn, shucked.
- It’s 1 large of family size can cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 of regular size can cream of shrimp soup (if no cream of shrimp available, cream of chicken is fine).
- It’s 1 cup of half n half or heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Blend of 1 chopped onion, 3 stalks chopped celery, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 1 chopped red bell pepper. They sell this blend already prepared/ pre-chopped in some grocery stores..
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of Crab boil liquid seasoning (equivalent of Old Bay seasoning in northern states) to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Salt/pepper or local spice blend to taste (Tony Chachere's is my blend of choice).
Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew step by step
- In blender, blend half of shucked corn w cup of half n half/heavy whipping cream. Add some seasoning 2 taste and blend until smooth. Consistency will b thick. Reserve remaining unblended corn to add in later..
- Add olive oil to hot deep stock pot and toss in chopped onion blend. Stir around until mix begins turning translucent. This process is termed "sweating" by local chefs. Releases amazing flavors and juices from veggies. As ur sweating ur blend add some seasoning to it as u go….
- Next add peeled and thawed shrimp. Stir those around a few mins until they start 2 turn pink..
- Add corn/half n half blend to pot along w both cans of soup. This mixture will b thick. Incorporate all content..
- Add milk here to thin out mixture. I said use about a cup of milk but add gradually until u get 2 desired consistency. U may want more than 1 cup if u prefer it thinner or less than a cup if u want it more hearty..
- Add cooked/peeled/thawed crawfish and remaining whole corn kernels to pot, stir in..
- Now comes the fun!!! Season that thang up 2 ur liking w about a tablespoon of liquid crab boil or old bay… be VERY VERY careful on this step cuz that crap is super hot so take it slow…add it gradually until u get desired heat. Then add more salt/pepper or spice blend to taste..
- Stir everything together well one good time then cover w lid and let it simmer on low heat for about 15-20 mins..
- Serve over steamed rice to eat it as a stew or by itself w/ some toasted & buttered french bread, croissant, or side salad bcuz it's yummy & filling enough 2 eat as a soup!!!.