Creamy Chicken Stew. Thick and creamy chicken stew made easily right in the crock pot. The perfect comfort food and delicious served over biscuits. Cut the chicken into bite-size cubes and stir them into the stew along with the peas, salt, and pepper.
The ultimate comfort food, all in one pot. This Healthy Living chicken stew recipe goes great with a crisp green salad. Here the stew is made creamier with the addition of some coconut milk or heavy cream. You can have Creamy Chicken Stew using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Stew
- It’s 4 lb of chicken breast.
- It’s 2 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 of sprigs rosemary.
- You need 4 of sprigs thyme.
Both give a nice taste, but the coconut milk gives a quite distinctive coconut taste that not everybody loves. Creamy Chicken Stew with Dumpling NoodlesWildflour's Cottage Kitchen. Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock PotHeavenly Homemakers. Try this easy-to-make Creamy Chicken Stew recipe, a meal the entire family will love.
Creamy Chicken Stew step by step
- Place chicken in slow cooker and add spices and herbs to taste..
- Cook on high for 6 hours until chicken falls apart easily. Do not drain juices..
- In a microwaveable bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup and milk..
- Microwave the soup mixture for about 4-5 minutes and add mixture to stew in slow cooker (this is so that it will be hot when you add it to the chicken and you don't have to wait for it to heat up again in the slow cooker)..
- Adjust milk based on your preference of stew thickness. Less milk will make the stew thicker while more will make it thinner..
- Alternative method: boil chicken for 45 minutes instead of using slow cooker. I think this makes the chicken a bit tougher but it works in a pinch..
Add sliced carrots, onion, frozen peas, cubed chicken thighs and Zatarain's Spanish Rice and then serve over. Made with chicken, potatoes, carrots, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ranch dressing mix and more, this creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew recipe is BURSTING with flavor!! Try this easy-to-make Creamy Chicken Stew recipe, a meal the entire family will love. Add sliced carrots, onion, frozen peas, cubed chicken thighs and Zatarain&rsquo. Say no more to the same old boring tomato stew, here's one that's rich & creamy, which's perfect for cold rainy days, comfort food at it's best!