You can have Cream Stew using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream Stew
- It’s 300 g of chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need 3 of potatoes (cut into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot (chop into chunks).
- Prepare 1 of onion (sliced thinly).
- It’s 10 cm of celery (sliced thinly crosswise).
- Prepare 5 of napa cabbage leaves (cut into bite sized pieces).
- It’s 1/2 pack of mushrooms (tear into bite sized pieces).
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Japanese stew roux (according to the directions on the package).
- It’s 600~700 ml of water.
- It’s 50 ml of white wine.
- It’s 150 ml of milk (soy milk).
- You need 1 tsp of miso.
- Prepare 20 g of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of parsley for topping.
Cream Stew instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and cook chicken on both sides until they change color and smell good..
- Add all vegetables and stir fry until they are coated evenly. Pour wine and water in it and simmer over medium heat until the vegetables soften.(for about 15 mins) Skim off the foam when it rises on the surface..
- Turn off the heat and add stew roux and lightly stir. Let it stand for a while.(for about 5 mins) Add milk and simmer again with low heat until thickened. Keep stirring from time to time not to make it burned..
- Add miso, cheese and butter last. Season with salt and pepper. Stir gently to mix. Sprinkle with parsley for topping..