Chicken stew with dumplings. This comforting chicken stew is easy to make with store-bought rotisserie chicken and frozen vegetables. The stew is then topped with quick and easy dumplings flavored with dill. My mother usually didn't care for dumplings.
Chicken and dumplings are the ultimate comfort food, aren't they? When we were kids, my mother used to make chicken and dumplings for us by simply adding Bisquick biscuit dough to chicken stew. We would always fight over these dumplings. You can cook Chicken stew with dumplings using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken stew with dumplings
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 12 of chicken thighs boned and trimmed.
- It’s 2 of carrots chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of corn.
- It’s 2 of onions chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried dill.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 of and a half cups of water.
- You need of dumplings:.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
Thick sauce and juicy chunks of chicken and vegetables, topped off with fluffy dumplings, combine to make this stew the ultimate comfort food. Savor classic comfort food with this chicken and dumplings favorite. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto chicken or vegetables in simmering stew. This simple chicken stew with dumplings is the perfect family dinner recipe that is easy to make & topped with tender suet dumplings.
Chicken stew with dumplings instructions
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat, saute both sides of the chicken thighs (about 3 minutes each side). add the vegetables and seasoning, toss and add the water, bring to a boil, cover the saucepan and let simmer..
- In the meantime make the dumplings. Combine all of the ingredients to make a lumpy dough. Once the stew has cooked for 30 minutes, drop the dough into the stew 1 tablespoon at a time, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the dumplings comes out clean.
Just a few simple and economical ingredients go together to make this hearty and warming chicken stew with dumplings which is perfect for a winter supper. Nothing better than a bowl of warm Chicken Stew with Fluffy Dumplings to warm you on a cold winter day. So when I was making this stew I realized, belatedly, that I had very little bread in the house to go with the stew, and also lacked semolina to make dumplings my usual way. "A simple delicious chicken stew done one of my favourite ways – with leftover chicken and fluffy dumplings. When the time's up, loosen the stew with a good splash of water if needed, season to perfection, then transfer it to an ovenproof pan and place the balls on top. Dumplings: In bowl, whisk together flour, parsley, baking powder and salt.