Japanese white stew (sauce). As the name suggests, White Stew is a white coloured stew made from béchamel sauce. In a small bowl, thoroughly blend together all ingredients with a fork or whisk. White Stew is a classic Japanese-style stew made with chicken, mushrooms, and vegetables.
View top rated Japanese white stew recipes with ratings and reviews. Bean And Chile Sauce, Salt Grilled Spanish Mackerel, Japanese White Sauce, etc. Called "cream stew" or "white stew" this is a typical yōshoku dish: one with ingredients that have European-Western roots, but which is uniquely Japanese. You can cook Japanese white stew (sauce) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese white stew (sauce)
- Prepare of meat (whatever is fine, here I used pork).
- You need of potato.
- You need of carrot.
- You need of onion.
- It’s of chicken bullion pills (avecrem).
- You need of sauce:.
- It’s of flour (4 big spoons).
- It’s of butter (around 3 spoons).
- Prepare of milk.
While white or bechamel sauce-based dishes existed prior to World War II on the menus of fancy yōshoku, the "white stew" as we know it. Japanese cream stew is characterized by a cream or dairy-based broth that is slightly thickened and includes traditional proteins such as chicken or pork. Other proteins that may be included are fish (white fish or salmon) or seafood (shrimp) and vegetables. Commonly used vegetables are potatoes, carrots.
Japanese white stew (sauce) instructions
- Chop the vegetables.
- Boil water in a pot and add the vegetables and the meat.
- Retire the white fat that appears in the surface of the water with a spoon.
- Add two pills of chicken bullion (avecrem) while it's boiling.
- Sauce: melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the flour and mix until it looks like a powder.
- Once the potatoes are soft in the pot, add to the fray pan the milk, just a little and mix, then again until it es soft and looks like a dough.
- Then add the dough to the pot and mix slowly (heat low), then if you want it more fluid add more milk (suit your taste) and aderece (salt, pepper…).
- Bon appetit.
This recipe for Japanese White Sauce is a simple way to jazz up your stir fry and vegetables, any asian food or any food at all! Tips and tricks for japanese white sauce. Some people really like this sauce to be sweet, if that is you, add more sugar. If you don't like any spiciness. White cream stew is a classic Japanese dish of chicken and vegetables cooked in a cream and butter based sauce.