Green Chile Chicken Stew.
You can have Green Chile Chicken Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Stew
- Prepare 2 lb of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped.
- You need 2 large of onions, chopped, separated.
- You need 1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of tomatillos or tomato, diced.
- Prepare 2 can of diced green chiles.
- You need 1 can of diced jalapeños.
Green Chile Chicken Stew step by step
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine first 9 ingredients (only one onion) in a medium pot. cover ingredients with water and stir. bring to simmer over medium heat. cook for 25 minutes..
- remove chicken and shred into bite sized pieces. set aside broth..
- meanwhile combine tomatillos or tomato, chiles, and peppers into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Stirring occasionally, roast in oven for 20 minutes..
- puree roasted chile mixture in a food processor gently until it is chunky. set aside..
- add remaining 1 onion to medium pot with a tablespoon of broth and caramelize the onion. About 15 minutes. add broth and bring to simmer. add chicken and take off heat. serve over long grain white or brown rice..
- This is an altered version of an original recipe. I do not take credit for the original recipe. You can find it here: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/10/green-chile-and-chicken-stew.