Cinnamon chicken stew. This wonderful cinnamon-spiced chicken stew called Kapama (kah-pah-MAH) needs to simmer for at least an hour for the flavors to really develop. Serve it over pasta or orzo with a generous sprinkle of. Chicken breasts baked with cinnamon and other seasonings.
For couscous, heat chicken broth, oil, and salt until boiling. Add couscous and raisins, stir, remove from. This traditional Greek recipe, known kota kapama, is essentially chicken stewed in garlic and cinnamon and onions, which creates an aroma just as knee-wobblingly enticing as you can imagine. You can cook Cinnamon chicken stew using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon chicken stew
- Prepare 2 of bone- in chicken breast.
- It’s 4 of large carrots chopped.
- You need 5 of small to medium potatoes cjopped.
- You need 1 of large can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 4 cloves of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 1/2 C of light brown sugar.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 c of Adobo seasoning.
- Prepare 3 C of water.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of cinnamon.
It comes from Greece and it is also known as Kota Kapama, chicken stewed in garlic and cinnamon. The hidden ingredient in the tasty sauce is cinnamon and it makes chicken taste like a party. In this episode you will learn how to make a delicious Greek-style chicken stew made with simple ingredients. DIRECTIONS Season the chicken with the adobo.
Cinnamon chicken stew instructions
- Mix chopped garlic, 2 Tbsp olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and adobo and cleaned chicken breast in a ziploc bag and mix..
- Make sure chicken is completely covered..
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more..
- Heat the rest of olive oil in a pot..
- When done marinating, add chicken to the pot..
- Brown chicken on all sides..
- After browning chicken add chopped onions until translucent (slightly see through)..
- Add water or broth to pot..
- Make sure you scrap the goodness on the bottom of the pan for epic flavor..
- Add crushed tomatoes to pot..
- After cooking for 1/2 hour add potatoes and carrots..
- 1 hour into cooking remove chicken to take away the bones..
- Shred chicken and add back to pot..
- Cook until potatoes and carrots are to your liking and chicken is cooked through. I cooked for another 40 minutes..
- Voila! done.
Add the chicken, cinnamon, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil again. All Reviews for Cinnamon and Chicken Stew. This Chicken Stew with apples, cinnamon and a touch of honey is the perfect easy one-skillet meal for fall. Serve this warming chicken stew with rice or mashed sweet potatoes as a comforting dinner. A wet chicken will cause the oil to splatter while the chicken is sautéing.