Chicken and potato stew. A stew full of not only chicken and potatoes but carrots, onion, mushrooms, mixed veggies and a smattering of herbs and spices. I also used fresh chopped carrots and potatoes and frozen corn and beans and cooked all in the stew until softened – adding peas and chopped parsley at the end. Chicken and potatoes in Instant Pot is a version of my Ukrainian grandma's chicken stew.
Boneless and skinless thighs would work. This easy chicken stew recipe is inspired by flavours of Spain, with spicy chorizo, smoky paprika and peppers. See more Stew recipes at Tesco Real Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas, potatoes, paprika and stock, ensuring the potatoes are fully covered by the liquid. You can have Chicken and potato stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and potato stew
- You need 1/2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 4 large of potatoes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 large of carrots.
- Prepare of green onions.
- Prepare of sour cream.
- It’s of garlic.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s of oil.
- You need of cumin.
Bring to the boil, then lower the heat. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us.
Chicken and potato stew instructions
- Cut chicken into small to medium cubes, season with oil, black pepper, and chopped garlic..
- Fry the mix in a deep pan on a large fire until it is brownish. Stir regularly to avoid burning..
- Cut onion in ring quarters, slice carrots. Add them with cumin to the pan, mix well. Cover with a lid, continue frying on a large fire regularly stirring..
- Cut potatoes into medium to large cubes, add them to the pan. Pour water or broth a bit below of potato level, salt if needed. Mix well..
- When water starts to boil, reduce fire, cover pan with a lid, and wait until potato is ready..
- Serve with chopped green onions and sour cream. Have a good meal :).
Small yellow Andean potatoes called papas criollas are the important ingredient—they dissolve and thicken the soup as it cooks. It is a great menu Cubans make a stew version of ajiaco that includes beef, pork, chicken, and vegetables, and in Peru, this dish is a side dish of potatoes, garlic, chilies. Thereafter let the thermal cooker continue with the cooking process. Flavorful guisados (stews) are the heart and soul of Mexican home cooking: quick, simple and economical one-dish meals that taste even better the next day. Chicken stew is so easy and satisfying that it's little wonder that many cooks use a chicken in every pot — but that doesn't mean every pot has to taste the same.