You can cook Chicken Stew using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts (boneless skinless).
- You need 2 of medium carrots.
- It’s 5 of potatoes, cubed.
- Prepare 2 of cobs of corn.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of butter beans.
- You need tbsp of oil or butter.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
Chicken Stew step by step
- Cook chicken for about 5-7 minutes in either 2 tbsp oil or butter. I have about 3 cups of chicken..
- Add desired seasoning. I used about a table spoon of what's pictured..
- Add enough water to cover chicken. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes..
- In seperating pot boil the beans in water until tender. I do this because I have bad luck with my beans not being done if I put them in with everything else. But if you aren't like me, feel free to add them in when the rest of the veggies are added..
- Add veggies (including beans) and return to medium heat. For 30-45 minutes..
- Take 1 cup flour and 1 tbsp cornstarch and mix to a paste. Add into pot. Add additional water to pot if consistency is too thick. Once desired thickness is reached, leave on low heat until ready to serve..
- Serve over rice. (Cooked according to package. ).