Ghee rice and chicken stew. Chicken Chickpea Stew, a healthy, savory stew recipe with dark meat chicken, schmaltz, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, carrots, spices. It's kind of similar to a savory chicken tagine, with a unique mouth-watering spice combo that I really enjoyed. Remove chicken from the roasting pan and saute onions and garlic in the same pan until translucent.
Add bell peppers and peas to the pan. This easy Chicken Stew from Delish.com is savory comfort in a bowl. This chicken stew takes under an hour, but it tastes like it's been simmering on the stove for hours. You can cook Ghee rice and chicken stew using 34 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ghee rice and chicken stew
- You need of Ghee rice-.
- Prepare of kaima rice.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of fennel seeds.
- You need of jeera.
- Prepare of cinnanon.
- Prepare of cloves.
- It’s of star anise.
- It’s of cardamoms.
- It’s of med sized onion.
- You need of green chillies whole.
- You need of ghee.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Prepare of coriander leaves.
- It’s of Mint leaves.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Chicken stew.
- It’s of chicken.
- It’s of med sized potato cut into chunks.
- It’s of small carrot cut into thick 2"pieces.
- Prepare of beans cut into 2" pieces.
- Prepare of onion.
- Prepare of finely chopped ginger.
- Prepare of green chillies slit.
- You need of coarsely powdered pepper.
- Prepare of cloves.
- It’s of "cinnamon.
- It’s of Star anise.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- It’s of thick coconut milk.
- You need of lemon juice.
- Prepare of curry leaf.
- It’s of coconut oil.
- You need of garam masala powder.
Serve with a hearty piece of toasted homemade bread. Rice: Nigerian Beef & Chicken Stew is the single most popular sauce when eating boiled white rice. Plantain: It is not unusual for Nigerian Beef & Chicken to accompany Fried Plantain or Boiled Plantain. Beans: Beans can be cooked plain and eaten with this Nigerian stew.
Ghee rice and chicken stew step by step
- Ghee rice: Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and tip in all the whole spices and saute till aromatic then add sliced onions and saute till it starts turning golden here and there,then add water and bring it to a boil by adding enough salt and few coriander leaves, mint leaves and whole green chillies, once boiled tip in rice then add lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles, once the pressure releases mix everything together and serve..
- Chicken stew: Pressure cook chicken, potatoes, carrots and beans by adding 1tsp pepper powder,green chillies,ginger, curry leaves,salt and sufficient water for 2whistles.In an another pan heat oil, add whole spices and bay leaf and saute till aromatic,add sliced onions and saute till golden brown,add the pressure cooked chicken and veggies along with its water and cook covered for 2mins for the flavors of the masala and onions to penetrate into the chicken..
- Now add coconut milk and remaining pepper powder and cook till the gravy becomes thick and creamy.lastly sprinkle a pinch of garam masala powder and swicth off the flame and the stew is ready to be served..
- Served ghee rice and stew with cucumber raita, pickle and pappadam..
Yam: You can bring out the. Ghee rice is a one pot delicious rice cooked with ghee, spices & nuts. This aromatic rice is eaten with any curry and most commonly a chicken curry. Ghee rice is made all over South India with slight variations. Heat ghee in a pan at medium heat.