Chicken stew with pitted prunes and carrots. For the carrot and prunes: Soak the prunes overnight. The following day, peel the carrots, quarter lengthwise and chop. Transfer to a large saucepan along with the prunes, prune soaking liquid and lemon slice.
This khoresht, made with chicken, prunes and apricots, is one of my favourites. Uncover pot; stir in chickpeas, dried fruit, and carrots. (Add more water if stew seems dry.) Chicken Soup With Potatoes And Carrots Recipes. Stewed Chicken With Peas, Carrot And PeppersFood From Portugal. You can cook Chicken stew with pitted prunes and carrots using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken stew with pitted prunes and carrots
- It’s of chicken drum sticks and breasts.
- It’s of carrots cut to sticks.
- It’s of persian pitted prunes.
- You need of tomato paste.
- Prepare of large onions, finely chopped.
- You need of cardamoms.
- It’s of cinnamon stick.
- You need of turmeric powder.
- You need of Few saffron threads soake in 1 table spoonhot water.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Canola oil.
Chicken Stew With Vegetables And Potatoes Recipes. Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt, pepper and meat tenderizer and sauté in olive oil for a couple of minutes, add to your cast iron pot, or any heavy pot. This simple stew of chicken thighs is brought to life with saffron, paprika and prunes. If the sauce is very watery, remove the chicken, prunes and onions with a slotted spoon and keep warm while you reduce down the sauce, so that you have a small amount to spoon over each portion.
Chicken stew with pitted prunes and carrots step by step
- Prepare one frying pan and one pot with lid. First heat the oil in frying pan and fry one of the chopped onions until brown and crispy. Remove from oil and put aside until needed..
- Heat the oil in the pot. Saute other onion in oil until they change colour and become soft. Add turmeric powder, cardamoms and cinnamon and stir few second..
- Add chicken pieces, fry until chicken no more pink. Add tomato paste, saute few minutes, now add carrots and saute few minutes. Add salt and enough water to cover the ingredients. Bring the stew to boil. Cover the pot and let is simmer until chicken half cooked..
- Add washed pitted prunes, crispy brown onion, saffron water and continue for about 30 minutes until stew become tick.(if using black pitted plum you may need add half cup fresh lemon juice now to adjust the flavour.).Serve it with steamed plain long grain rice..
Peel carrots with a vegetable peeler; trim ends. Use a sharp knife to halve carrots lengthwise. Try them in freezer burritos, creamy dips, vegetarian stews, veggie burgers, and more. Stir in the prunes, cinnamon and honey. Allow to heat through, then pour in the stock and season with pepper.