Portuguese kale soup (slow cooker).
You can cook Portuguese kale soup (slow cooker) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Portuguese kale soup (slow cooker)
- You need of fresh kale (washed and broken up).
- Prepare of chicken or beef broth.
- Prepare of dry split peas.
- Prepare of red potatoes (cut into pieces).
- You need of baby carrots.
- It’s of garlic (crushed).
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of chourico (chorizo) cut into thick slices.
- Prepare of water (if needed).
Portuguese kale soup (slow cooker) step by step
- put ingredients in slow cooker.
- cook on high for 5 hrs or low for 10.
- Optional ingredients: onions or stew beef or kidney beans (beans added last hour). additional water may be needed add HOT water at the end.