Posole. It is also popular (under the older spelling posole) in the cuisine of New Mexico where it was a common dish among the Pueblo Indians residing along the Rio "Authentic Pozole Rojo (Red Posole) Recipe". Traditional Mexican pozole (posole) is a rich, brothy soup made with pork, hominy, and red chiles. Pile your bowl with toppings like shredded cabbage, radishes, cilantro, lime, and avocado!
Add some water or broth if the posole is too thick. Serve with assorted toppings and the remaining chile sauce. Posole, also known as pozole, is a simple stew made with pork and hominy. You can have Posole using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Posole
- You need of Can hominy.
- Prepare of pigs trotters cleaned and split.
- Prepare of pork stew meat.
- It’s of Onion chopped.
- Prepare of half bulb of garlic.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Prepare of oregano.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of chili powder.
- It’s of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare of dried new Mexico chilis stemmed (seeded if you wish).
- Prepare of dried Chili De arbol stemmed.
- It’s of bulb of garlic.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- You need of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of optional toppings.
- You need of diced avocados, sliced radishes, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, pork rinds, lime, tostada shells.
It's easy to make and delicious to eat. Note: "Posole" or "pazole" are alternative spellings used to describe this dish. The final step is to enjoy! Notes. "Posole" or "pazole" are alternative spellings.
Posole step by step
- put pigs trotters and stew meat in large pot, cover with water about an inch above meat, bring to boil, skim any scum off top, add next 8 ingredients, cover pot and simmer 1 and a half hours..
- meanwhile wash peppers off, put in pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, turn heat off, cover and soak Chili's for about 30 minutes. put Chili's in blender with remaining ingredients and about a cup and a half of the water you boiled them in, liquefy..
- add sauce and hominy to your meat pot, bring to boil and simmer for about 30 more minutes or until hominy is tender. adjust seasoning if necessary. use toppings you like and enjoy!.
I had posole for the first time as a high schooler living abroad in Cuernavaca. Before posole was my hangover cure, it was a ceremonial dish for ancient Aztecs—corn was considered a sacred crop. Pozole (posole) is a Spanish word, pronounced Po-ZO-leh. This soup isn't your traditional Pozole Rojo, that is much different. That is made with pork and is cooked in a dried chile pepper based broth and it.