White Bean and Chicken Soup for the Soul.
You can have White Bean and Chicken Soup for the Soul using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White Bean and Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Prepare of chicken thighs.
- You need of dry white beans.
- You need of large onion or 1 1/2 cup green onion.
- Prepare of celery.
- You need of carrots.
- You need of water.
- You need of garlic (minced).
- You need of green beans.
- Prepare of Bay leaves.
- You need of Tblspns garlic powder.
- It’s of Tblspns onion powder.
- Prepare of Tblspn oregano.
- You need of Tblspn Thyme.
- Prepare of tspn sage.
- Prepare of Tblspn parsley.
- Prepare of tspns basil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
White Bean and Chicken Soup for the Soul instructions
- Soak beans over night.
- Rinse beans..
- Add rinsed beans, chicken, water, 1/2 the celery, 1/3 of the onion, a few chunks of carrots and the garlic into the crock pot..
- Add herbs, spices, garlic, and onion powder into crockpot. Stir and submerge chicken thighs so covered by water..
- Turn crock pot on low for 3-4 hours..
- After 3-4 hours, pull out chicken and debone. Add deboned chicken back to pot. Add remainder of carrots, onion, and celery. Cook for 2-3 hours..
- After 2-3 hours, taste and add green beans, salt (I use a combo of pink, seasoning salt and Cavender's) and pepper to taste.
- Taste after 1-2 hours. *I find this is the best time to reintroduce all herbs and spices.
- Serve up as a hearty stew by taking 1/2 cup flour to 1 cup broth. Mix together and gradually add to soup… or enjoy as is!.