You can cook Brunswick Stew using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brunswick Stew
- You need of stewing chicken, cut into pieces.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of of celery, including leaves, cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Prepare of onion, quartered.
- It’s of clove garlic, halved.
- You need of salt.
- You need of whole peppercorns.
- It’s of tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- You need of potatoes, pared and cubed.
- Prepare of onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of dried thyme leaves.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of hot pepper sauce.
- You need of 10 ounce frozen lima beans.
- It’s of 10 ounce, frozen whole corn.
Brunswick Stew step by step
- Place chicken, giblets and neck in 5-quart Dutch oven, add water. Heat to boiling, skim off foam. Add celery, onion, garlic, salt, and peppercorns, heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover , simmer until thoughts are tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours..
- Remove chicken pieces from broth, cool slightly. Remove meat from chicken bones and skin. Cut enough chicken into 1-inch pieces to measure 3 cups..
- Strain broth through thickness of cheesecloth, discarding vegetables, skim off fat. Return 1 quart broth to Dutch oven. Add tomatoes, potatoes, sliced onion, tomato paste, sugar, ground pepper, thyme, garlic powder and.hot sauce. Cook until boiling, reduce heat. Cover, simmer 30 mi utes..
- add beans and corn to stew. Cook until stew boils. Reduce heat. Cover, cook 5 minutes. Add chicken pieces, cook 5 minutes. Serve hot..