Mama Roberts, Brunswick STEW. Little Mama would like to Thank everyone who has enjoyed the love of her Brunswick Stew. Brunswick stew is a traditional Southern favorite! This version is brimming with pork, beef, and chicken.
Fearnow's Brunswick Stew is made in the USA. It meets the need for home meal solutions. An excellent storm preparedness item and great value Verified Purchase. You can cook Mama Roberts, Brunswick STEW using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mama Roberts, Brunswick STEW
- You need of split chicken breast.
- It’s of water.
- You need of potatoes peeled and chopped.
- You need of onion diced.
- Prepare of 4 pound boston b*** cooked and shredded.
- It’s of 15.25 oz white corn drained.
- It’s of 28 ounce can creamed corn.
- It’s of 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s of 28 ounce ketchup bottle.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of of butter.
- It’s of tabasco sauce.
Growing up in North Carolina, I first ate Mrs. After moving to Kansas, it was not. Brunswick stew is a dish generally involving a tomato base, local beans, vegetables, and originally small game meat, though today often chicken. The origin of the stew is unknown.
Mama Roberts, Brunswick STEW instructions
- bring pot to a boil, then add chicken then on medium heat simmer 35 to 40 minutes.
- remove chicken from pot let cool take bones out, save broth.
- cut chicken meat only into bite size pieces, set aside.
- add potatoes and onions to the broth that you cooked the chicken in, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- stir in roast ,chicken and remaining ingredients uncovered 1 hour.
Georgia-style brunswick stew is made with chicken, onion, crushed tomatoes and creamed corn. Liquid smoke and Paula Deen Hot Sauce give this easy stew its rich flavor. Add a little bit of the stock if the stew become too thick. Cooking Brunswick Stew has become a time-honored tradition, a source of regional pride, and a true culinary art in the Southern States. "Brunswick Stew is what happens when small mammals carrying ears of corn fall into barbeque pits." – by Humorist Roy Blount Jr. Traditional Brunswick stew is made with small game, namely squirrel or opossum.