Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Stew Recipe.
You can cook Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Stew Recipe using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Stew Recipe
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of yellow onions, large dice.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 of (3-inch) cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of saffron threads.
- Prepare 1 of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 lb of Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 large), large dice.
- It’s 1 lb of carrots (about 4 to 5 medium), peeled and large dice.
- You need 1 lb of parsnips (about 4 medium), peeled and large dice.
- It’s 3 cup of low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 lb of sugar baby pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1 small), peeled, seeded, and large dice.
- You need 1 lb of sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and large dice.
- It’s 1 of (15-ounce) can chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (about 1 1/2 cups).
- It’s 1/2 cup of golden raisins, also known as sultanas.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spinach, trimmed and washed (about 4 cups loosely packed).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cider vinegar, plus more as needed.
Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Stew Recipe step by step
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the ginger, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, cayenne, saffron, and a pinch of pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker, add the potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and broth, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours..
- Add the pumpkin or squash, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and raisins, season with salt, and stir to combine. Cover and continue to cook on high until a knife easily pierces the vegetables, about 2 hours more, stirring after 1 hour. Add the spinach and gently mix (do not overmix). Let sit until wilted. Gently stir in the vinegar, taste, and season with more salt, pepper, and vinegar as needed..
- credit to http://www.chow.com/.