Zimbabwe Traditional Road Runner Stew.
You can have Zimbabwe Traditional Road Runner Stew using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zimbabwe Traditional Road Runner Stew
- Prepare 2 kg of Free range Chicken.
- You need 960 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion.
- You need 3 medium of Tomatoes.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tomato soup powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
Zimbabwe Traditional Road Runner Stew instructions
- Get your ingredients together. Cop the onions and tomatoes..
- Cut your chicken, put it in the pot, add water (400ml) & salt..
- Close pot & bring to the boil until the water is finished (about 50 min depending on how hot your stove is)..
- Add whole garlic cloves & paprika. Fry the chicken until it ours browned (about 15 min). Add more water (500ml)..
- Close pot once again & reduce heat. Let the chicken simmer gently until tender, cooked through and the water is finished ( about 25 min)..
- Fry the chicken for about a min. Add the onions and tomatoes all at once & stir..
- Your road runner chicken stew is ready. Enjoy!.
- Close pot again to give the tomatoes and onions time to cook (about 5 min). Mix tomato soup powder with water (60 ml) to make a smooth paste. Pour this into the pot together with the tomato sauce. Stir & let this simmer for another 5-10 min..