You can cook Brunswick Stew using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brunswick Stew
- Prepare of Oven stuffer chickens.
- Prepare of onions, chopped.
- You need of Potatoes, diced.
- It’s of Package of okra.
- Prepare of Lima beans.
- It’s of Tomatoes (1 lb each).
- You need of Corn.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Sugar.
Brunswick Stew step by step
- Cut chicken into pieces and simmer it in 3 quarts of water for a thin stew or 2 quarts of water for a thick stew, until meat can easily be removed from bones. About 2 1/4 hours..
- Add the raw vegetables to the broth and simmer, uncovered, until the beans and potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching..
- Add the chicken and seasonings (if canned vegetables are used, include juices and reduce water to 2 quarts for a thin stew and 1 quart for a think stew)..