Crock pot smothered chicken. My Mom used to make this all the time in the oven. However I have changed it to lower the fat content and tried it in my crock pot. Braised Oxtails & Rice- Crock Pot & Oven Methods
Unfortunately, I never quite snapped back into my routine and I didn't even go to the grocery store until we'd been home for days. Add chicken cutlets to crock pot then cover with mushroom gravy. All crock pots vary in temperature of cooking so you will need to adjust according to your type of crock pot. You can cook Crock pot smothered chicken using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock pot smothered chicken
- It’s 1 of family size can cream of chicken.
- You need 1 of family size can cream of mushroom.
- You need of Boneless skinless chckn breast or thighs depending on preference.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Onion powder.
This makes a very tender breast and the sauce is very good poured over rice or mashed potatoes. I even mash cauliflower up for my meal to take place of potatoes and pour this sauce over them. Tender, flavorful sirloin tips are used in this recipe for slow cooker smothered steak. Budget-friendly lean chuck steak or round steak may be used as well.
Crock pot smothered chicken step by step
- Mix cream of chicken and cream of mushroom (do not fully dilute i only add 1/2 a can worth of water or milk) add garlic fresh pepper and onion powder to taste.
- Add chicken (raw) thawed or frozen both works!!.
- Cook in crockpot on high 3 hours(thawed) 4 hours frozen.
- Remove chicken and fork shred or cut into chunks as back to the gravy cook additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or potatoes and enjoy you can add veggies for a more hearty stew effect.
The soy sauce and tomatoes make the perfect sauce for the beef and peppers, and a little garlic powder rounds out the flavors. Place chicken breast in crock pot, cover with chicken soup and chicken broth. I stirred mine a few times to make sure all the noodles were soaking up. Add your Chicken Tinga to a corn tortilla, top with your favorite ingredients Since most shredded chicken is smothered in sauce it doesn't matter if it's a bit dry when shredded. It will absorb a lot of the delicious sauce.