Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew.
You can have Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew
- You need 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 1-1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of an onion, cut into 1/4" slices vertically.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 12 of grape or cherry tomatoes (or you can cut a couple of Romas or regular salad tomatoes into 6 pieces each).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of achiote (or you can use chili powder or paprika).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water, white wine, or unsalted stock.
- It’s of chopped cilantro and green onions.
Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew instructions
- Layer the chicken thighs on the bottom of your pot (4 to 5 quart pot should do).
- Sprinkle salt evenly over chicken..
- Throw all the other ingredients in..
- Cover and turn heat on to medium, cooking for 30 minutes total, stirring occasionally. If it gets a little too bubbly in there and solids are starting to stick to the bottom, just turn the heat down a tad..
- Looks like this after the 30 mins. This is when you'd want to adjust seasonings, if needed. Turn heat down to low and cook, lid askew, for another 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions. That's it!.
- Enjoy. :).