Pork legs and Eggs in 5 spices stew. This Thai home-style recipe for pork and egg stew spiced with cinnamon and star anise has been adapted from the excellent site, UCanCookThai.com. There are dishes that frankly intimidate me because of their complexity, and this was definitely one of them until this past week …… I braised a few hard boiled eggs in the soup broth for extra yum. I also used sauerkraut – instead of asian pickled cucumbers/cabbage – as side.
Five-Spice Egg & Pork Belly Stew (Instant Pot & Stovetop) ไข่พะโล้. Growing up in Thailand, kai palo is one of my favourite Hard boiled eggs and tender pork belly are simmered in a sweet-salty five-spice broth…how could any kid not like it! Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. You can have Pork legs and Eggs in 5 spices stew using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork legs and Eggs in 5 spices stew
- Prepare 1 of pork legs,chopped larg chunk ,pork belly if prefer ,or use chicken thigh,or any part you like.
- You need 12 of hard boil eggs.
- Prepare 50 grams of 5spices ,powder.
- It’s 5 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 bunch of coriander,use both roots and leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dark say sauce or sweet soy saude.
- It’s 3 cup of water or stock.
Add the paste and cook for about a minute or until fragrant. Add the Chinese five spice and cook for. The original recipe uses pork legs and pork blood or pork belly but I use chicken legs instead. This stew can be served with white rice along with cooked Also, this stew can be made as a chicken stew noodle soup with other condiments.
Pork legs and Eggs in 5 spices stew step by step
- Pound coriander roots,garlic,black pepper,make fine paste ,stir fry on low heat until fragrace,add 5 spices ,keep stiring.
- Higher heat to mdium,stir in chopped pork legs or your choice of chicken pieces ,stir until no longer pink ,add palm sugar,brown sugar..stir until sugar dissolves and look shinny,add all seasoning except salt.
- Add water or stock ,stir only to mix and pork or chicken not stick to the pot bottom ,then let it simmer approximately 1 hour on low heat for pork leg,stir occasionly ,half an hour for chicken ,add peeled hard boil eggs ,let it simmer again another 1 hour or half an hour add more stock or watr if soup too dry ,taste the soup ( if not salty yet add salt or skip it ),taste pork or chicken if it tendered ,turn heat off,serve hot garnish with coriander,some red pepper slices and steamed jasmine rice :).
Just pour the liquid over rice noodle or egg noodle and top with. These oven roasted chicken legs take on exotic Asian flavors by the addition of a little Chinese five-spice. These roasted chicken legs are marinated in soy sauce, ginger, shallots, garlic and Chinese five-spice, then baked in the oven. Here, they're paired with ground pork, peanuts, and heady spices for a quick riff on Sichuan dan dan noodles. Vietnamese braised pork belly and hard boiled eggs in coconut juice ( a fairly standard far eastern dish(I eat it at home What others are saying.