Creamy chicken stew. Thick and creamy chicken stew made easily right in the crock pot. The perfect comfort food and delicious served over biscuits. Cut the chicken into bite-size cubes and stir them into the stew along with the peas, salt, and pepper.
Here the stew is made creamier with the addition of some coconut milk or heavy cream. Both give a nice taste, but the coconut milk gives a quite distinctive coconut taste that not everybody loves. Creamy Chicken Stew with Dumpling NoodlesWildflour's Cottage Kitchen. You can cook Creamy chicken stew using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken stew
- Prepare 1.25 of lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast,.
- You need of chopped into chunks.
- You need 1 cup of baby carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of celery, chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium sized potatoes, chopped into chunks.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of (or 1 clove) minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk (2% or whole preferably.
Simple Creamy Chicken Stew in the Crock PotHeavenly Homemakers. Try this easy-to-make Creamy Chicken Stew recipe, a meal the entire family will love. Add sliced carrots, onion, frozen peas, cubed chicken thighs and Zatarain's Spanish Rice and then serve over. Made with chicken, potatoes, carrots, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ranch dressing mix and more, this creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew recipe is BURSTING with flavor!!
Creamy chicken stew instructions
- PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Combine chicken, vegetables, potatoes, spices and water in a gallon-sized freezer bag. 2. Zip the bags closed and freeze.
- TO COOK: 1. Thaw in the refrigerator the night before or the morning you plan to cook. 2. Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8, medium for 6). 3. In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. 4. Add flour and whisk constantly for about 5 minutes, or until it turns a deep brown color. 5. Add milk and whisk until thick and bubbly. 6. Add the thickened sauce to the slow cooker and mix in well until sauce is blended. Sever with Italian bread (use half the loaf for each meal).
Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, potatoes and sweet potatoes, onions and carrots. I add a bit of heavy cream at the end to make this chicken stew just a little bit creamy. Try this easy-to-make Creamy Chicken Stew recipe, a meal the entire family will love. Add sliced carrots, onion, frozen peas, cubed chicken thighs and Zatarain&rsquo. Say no more to the same old boring tomato stew, here's one that's rich & creamy, which's perfect for cold rainy days, comfort food at it's best!