You can cook Portuguese Stew using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Portuguese Stew
- You need 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 bunch of kale, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of red potatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1 can of garbanzo beans, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, partially drained.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 4 cups of chicken or beef broth.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, juiced.
- Prepare 1 PKG of chili seasoning.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese, garnish.
- It’s of Croutons, garnish.
Portuguese Stew step by step
- In a large pot, add olive oil and sausage. Cook on medium high heat.
- When sausage is almost cooked, add onion, garlic and kale. Cook about 5 min until kale starts to wilt down. Add potatoes, canned beans and tomatoes, broth, chili seasoning and lemon juice. Turn heat high.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and cover. Simmer about an hour until potatoes are soft..
- Garnish with Parmesan and croutons!.
- Note: if you have a cheese rind laying around, toss it in your soup. I had an asiago rind..