You can have Chicken Pastry using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pastry
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken.
- Prepare 3 of stalks celery.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of parsley.
- You need 1 box of Anne's old fashioned flat dumplings.
Chicken Pastry step by step
- Cut chicken in at least quarters and add to large stock pot.
- Cut celery stalks in thirds and add to pot..
- Peel and cut onions in quarters and add to pot..
- Cover with water..
- Add salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and parsley..
- Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer and cook for about 30-40 minutes..
- When chicken is done, remove from broth, let cool and remove skin and bones..
- Remove celery and onions and discarv..
- Add pulled chicken back to broth..
- Add and cook packaged dumplings according to package directions..
- NOTE: I usually use leftover rotisserie chicken from the freezer..
- My family calls this chicken pastry. It's also called chicken stew or chicken slick..