PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie.
You can have PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s 4 cups of Cooked Chicken -about.
- It’s 8 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 2 lbs of baby carrots.
- You need 1 jar of chicken soup base.
- It’s 2 bags of potpie noodles.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cornstarch/1 cup cold water.
PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- In large stockpot start with 12 cups of water. Add soup base until fully dissolved..
- Once broth is to a simmer add precooked chicken, carrots and potatoes. NOTE – peel and cut potatoes into quarters. Add salt and pepper to taste. I usually add about a tbsp of both..
- Simmer covered on low for 1/2 hour or until carrots and potatoes are fork tender..
- Mix cornstarch with COLD water and mix into soup. Bring back to a simmer..
- Slowly add noodles. I usually drop 2-4 at a time in different spots so they don't clump together. Stir frequently..
- After all noodles have been added simmer for 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat and let rest for 1/2 hour. During this time it will thicken and the flavor will grow..
- Serve as you would soup or stew!.