Filipino Chicken Adobo.
You can have Filipino Chicken Adobo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo
- It’s 1 of kilo chicken cut into pieces.
- You need 1 head of garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 4 pieces of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of peppercorn.
- You need 1/2 cup of white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too).
- It’s 1 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need of Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter.
Filipino Chicken Adobo step by step
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes..
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later..
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated..
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!.