Trinidad Stew Chicken.
You can cook Trinidad Stew Chicken using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Trinidad Stew Chicken
- It’s 1 of chicken, cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper sauce.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 3 of diced pimentos.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped chives.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced pumpkins.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated or crushed ginger.
- You need 8 clove of grated or crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 large of diced onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped thyme.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
Trinidad Stew Chicken instructions
- Add all the ingredients (except sugar and oil) to chicken, rub into meat well, and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour..
- Heat pot, add oil..
- When oil is hot, add sugar and let caramelize until sugar is dark brown. Do not let sugar burn..
- Add chicken to pot, and mix well until meat is coated..
- Lower temperature, and cover pot. Leave for 5 minutes on low flame, stirring chicken occasionally until chicken turns dark brown all over..
- Add water, enough to cover chicken. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked..
- Serve with rice..