You can have Moroccan Stew using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Stew
- You need 500 grams of left over cooked chicken/beef/lamb.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 pints of stock.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of desicated coconut.
- You need 1 of red chilli pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 can of chickpeas.
Moroccan Stew step by step
- preheat oven to 160°c.
- mix the oil with the spices, coconut, crushed garlic and finely chopped chilli to form a paste..
- place paste in frying pan or flame proof casserole dish over medium heat. add the chopped onion and stir until soft. add some water if the mixture becomes too dry..
- add wine, tomatoes, chickpeas and honey. stir and bring to boil..
- add cooked meat, cut into strips..
- add stock and stir.
- cover and place in the oven for an hour..
- serve with rice or cous cous..
- you can make this recipe veggie by substituting the meat with 200g red lentils (boiled for 15mins if using dried) or a can of mixed pulses. you can also use raw stewing meat, but you must brown it off in some oil in a separate pan before adding, and oven cook the stew for 90mins..