Jamaican Chicken Stew.
You can cook Jamaican Chicken Stew using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Chicken Stew
- Prepare 2 tsp of All Purpose Seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chicken Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Black Ground Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 8 of Chicken Drumsticks (skinned).
- You need 8 of Chicken Thighs (skinned).
- Prepare 1 of Lemon.
- It’s 1 of Green Pepper (finely chopped).
- You need 500 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of Scotch Bonnet Chillies (chopped with seeds left in).
- You need 4 of Spring Onions (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Onions (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of Sweet Red Pepper (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic (chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
Jamaican Chicken Stew instructions
- Cut Lemon in half and squeeze over chicken and rub in to smooth chicken……. then add all purpose seasononing, chicken seasoning, pepper and salt and massage into chicken and leave this over night in refridgerator if possible, if not as long as you can.
- Heat oil in deep pan, then turn heat down and fry chicken 6 mins then turn each piece over and do the same (6 mins again).
- when chicken is cooked, remove chicken and MOST of the oil, leaving a little bit at the bottom of the pan….
- Re-introduce chicken to the pan and add all veg that had been cut up… peppers, onions, spring onions, scotch bonnets, garlic.
- add about a pint of water (580ml) and a dollop of butter and give a good stir. bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer and leave for around 45 mins.
- Serve with rice!.