You can cook Rabbit Stew using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rabbit Stew
- You need of wild game.
- Prepare 2 1/2 medium of rabbits- cut up.
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon or ground meat(your choice).
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried celery.
- It’s 1 can of rotel tomatoes.
- You need 4 medium of potatoes – cut up.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 3 cup of beef bouillion/broth.
- You need 3 cup of chicken bouillion/ broth.
Rabbit Stew step by step
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large heavy pot on stove ..
- Coat all the rabbit well with a good season- salt. I use "slap ya mama"..
- Brown your rabbit pieces & then remove them to a waiting plate.
- now wilt the onions and garlic in the same pot you browned the rabbit in.
- cut up bacon in to pieces and cook with the onion and garlic..
- Dump in 1/4 cup of flour and let the flour cook about 5 minutes. stirring constantly.
- Now add both beef & chicken broths & the rotel tomatoes..
- Replace rabbit pieces to the pot turn stove to low and cover..
- Let that cook for several hours checking every so often to see if you need to add a little water..
- One hour before you are ready to serve add the potatoes. you may need to add some water now and salt because the potatoes will soak a lot ..
- Serve over rice.